Pack 60 is partnering with Trex for a recycling project to promote conservation among our scouts. From now through the end of November, we will be collecting plastic grocery bags and similar plastics (see below). If we successfully collect 500 pounds, Trex will donate a park bench for us to place at a location of our choosing. We have already earned one bench, which will be placed at Christ United Methodist Church, our Charter Organization. Our hope in gaining a second bench is to place it at one of our local schools and have it designated as a “Buddy Bench.”
Pack 60 Scouts:
We are, of course, wanting all parents and scouts using proper COVID-19 protection when collecting bags. This means:
– Face masks/coverings are required
– Gloves should be worn, if available
– Contactless pickup only (donors have been asked to leave their items at their door, or in a well-lit area noticeable from the street)
– You may reach out via phone, text or email to the donors you signup to collect from, to ensure bags are outside when you plan to pick them up
– Social distancing rules must be followed if working in teams or dens to collect bags
To get your scout involved, please contact your Den Leader, or Committee Chair/Service Project Coordinator – Tracey Calanog at email@example.com.
Neighbors Interested In Donating:
Please allow at least 2-4 days prior to pickup (see form for details). As added safety measures, please be sure to do the following:
– Bags are located in a visible, lit area of your front porch or doorway area
– There are ONLY items listed in the photo and no random garbage included
If you have materials for us to pick up, please complete the form found here (https://forms.gle/2NSmc5P588Q3Yq4K6). We will reach out if we have any additional questions, and will stop by to collect your bags by the date you indicate on the form.